I’ve set myself a project…the happiness project! It’s a project for me to make myself happier. Usually, my projects are work or flat related – it felt like it was time to take on one that was me related!
So what makes you happy? For me the answer to this question is family, friends…chocolate!… but what else? I tried to add more to the list but really struggled to pinpoint what exactly makes me feel one of the best emotions there is…happiness.
I decided to monitor and write down when I felt happy during the week. Here’s what was on my list:
- Having a good nights sleep
- An out of the blue Whatsapp message from a friend I haven’t heard from in a while
- Listening to upbeat music
- Going swimming
- Running in the park and being around greenery
- Having a bath with a Lush bath bomb
- Getting my nails done
- Someone complimenting my nails
- Taking a good photo
When I first read my list back I was amazed at how simple the actions and activities that created the happiness emotion were. I also noticed the domino effect that my happiness created for example when I got my nails done it caused further happiness when I received a compliment about them.
Having recognised what made me happy during the week the next step was to plan how I will incorporate these activities into my life as much as possible. Here’s the plan:
- Have a sleep routine where I go to sleep at the same time each night and wake up at the same time each morning
- Make playlists with upbeat music that I can listen to when I need a pick me up
- Schedule time to go swimming every week
- Schedule time to run in the park every week
- Buy a selection of Lush bath bombs
- Book an appointment to get my nails done every month
- Print out the best photos I have taken.
WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY? I’D LOVE TO KNOW IN THE COMMENTS.